[Advaita-l] dRShTi-sRShTi definitions in the advaitasiddhi

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 05:51:55 EDT 2017

Namaste Venkatraghavanji,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As you say, we have to bear in mind that these are all great AchAryas and
> that every prakriyA will have both its benefits and its drawbacks.

​Not only so, but they gained what is to be gained following that very
prakriyA. Those who sit throwing aside prakriyAs as impossibilities are
just waiting for jnAna to somehow occur. Its like waiting for the lion to
wake me up from the dream since I heard such an analogy. One needs to know
the dream in the dream, else its a catch 22.

> One man's lAghavam is another's anubhava/shAstra viruddham. lAghavam in
> one place will be gauravam elsewhere.
> ​...
>

> Ultimately it is down to one's preference.
> ​...
>

> Anyway my point is not to prove one method is superior to the other, but
> its opposite. No method is absolutely superior.
>
>I agree. This is precisely why I deleted/ dropped the question you
​
answered
​
​
anyway
​
. :) All of it is handled in the tradition already. No unanswered
​"​
flaws
​"​
can be found by us, since none exist. It finally boils down to what helps
one in संशयरहितज्ञान and निष्ठा thereon.

​Therefore, as I stated in our last discussion, I do not insist on DSV/EJV
as the only one, since SDV has its own benefits for many;
my fault finding is mostly with people/ techniques that find faults and
talk of impossibilities of prakriyAs. I am mostly with samanvaya since
answers are given only to those who have questions, ergo, all prakriyAs
serve a purpose. If there is no doubt in a prakriyA after thoroughly
analysing, no one needs another prakriyA.
​

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​