[Advaita-l] dRShTi-sRShTi definitions in the advaitasiddhi

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 12:53:03 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,

​Thanks for the references. Could you also meanwhile link me to any Advaita
Siddhi online that you're referring to (say, for the ten definitions,
etc)​? I do not have a hard or soft copy.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:45 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It may be useful to read the commentary on verses 48-52, chapter 9, pages
> 822-824 also.
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:30 PM, H S Chandramouli <
> hschandramouli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Quote (hindi)  <<  अज्ञात सत्ताक वस्तुएँ  न  मानकर, आत्मा  जब  जो देख
>> रहाहै ऐसास्वीकारना दृष्टिसृष्टि  है ।  मधुसूधन  स्वामी  ने  "यदा  यत्
>> पश्यति तत्समकालम॓  तत्सृजति"  यही  दृष्टिसृष्टि  का  तात्पर्य  बताया  है
>> । >>
>>
> ​"
​
​(Hindi)
 Without accepting the [presence of] unknown/unseen entity, accepting only
that which the self is seeing at whichever time, that is DSV
".
MS has mentioned the purport of DSV as: (Sanskrit) when one seen anything,
at the same time, [he] creates that".​

​As you can see from the above, the book's Hindi translation is generic
which can go with DES, but Sanskrit says DSKS! Unless thats the only
flavour that MS talks of, I would say that he accepts both possibilities.

> In case you are interested I thought you might like to have a look and
>> arrive at your own conclusions. I am not sure if you are familiar with
>> hindi.
>>
> ​Unless its old Hindi like that of original Vichara Sagara, or poetic
language like that of Kabir's doha, etc, I am okay with Hindi.​

I would very much like a translation of the same (commentary on verse 67)
>> for my own use..

​My knowledge of two DSV flavours is as taught by my Acharyaji here during
Mandukya bhAShya. I would love to have a look at other definitions of DSV
from Advaitasiddhi some time.

Kind rgds,
--praveen