[Advaita-l] Non-scriptural status of the Veda

Santosh Rao itswhateva at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:09:32 EDT 2017

Namaskara,

Through my studies the past few years I've learned that the Veda is not
really a "scripture," but an uncreated, eternal transmission of knowledge
throughout the cyclical ages.

How then should we view this in context of stories from the shastras, such
as Lord Hayagriva "returning" the Veda to Lord Brahma after they/it was
stolen by the demons? How could the Veda be stolen if this knowledge was
already in possession via memory by sages and other righteous personalities?

Thank you,

Santosh