[Advaita-l] Raama and advaita - a mocker

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:42:25 EDT 2017

What do you mean by genuine ignorance? And which jIva, according to you,
genuinely suffers from genuine ignorance?

This is not a deflection of your question, but a call for clarification of
your terms.

Vidyasankar

On Apr 10, 2017 8:02 AM, "Kalyan via Advaita-l" <

Namaste all
Just curious. Do advaitins believe that Rama has suffered genuine ignorance
in the Ramayana or is it merely a play? Please justify your statements
using works of advaita AchAryas.
RegardsKalyan

    On Monday, April 10, 2017 11:31 AM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

 Namaste Murthy Ji,

I earnestly request Sri Subramanian or any other knowledgable members to
show /teach me the methodology for cognizing the same truth

Who would teach whom ?

After certain stage of sAdhana in vichAra mArga, one is one's own spiritual
master.  The Srimad Bhagavatam (11.7.20) says:

आत्मनो गुरुरात्मैवपुरुषस्य विशेषतः ।
यत्प्रत्यक्षानुमानाभ्यां श्रेयोऽसावनुविन्दते ॥ ११.७.२०

"An intelligent person, expert in perceiving the world around him and
applying sound logic, can achieve real benefit through his own
intelligence. Thus sometimes one acts as one's own instructing spiritual
master"

You may please ponder over this profound statement made in Uddhava Gita,
which is taught to Uddava by Bhagavan Krishna.

regs,
Sriram

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org