[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:01:25 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Ravi Ji,

Reg  << Noted, in JMV, the advaita (paramArthika) jnAna is told as
asamprajnAta samAdhi ( ref in Muktika Up 2.53,54) , which alone is termed
as nirvikalpaka samAdhi ? >>,

I have not read  Muktika Up. So I cannot comment.   The terms relating to
Samadhi appearing  even in advaitic literature sometimes pertain to a yogi
(who is not a jnani in the advaitic sense) and at other times  to a jnani.
Hence it is always difficult to understand significance the term samAdhi
correctly unless the context is clear. Atleast that is my understanding.

Regards