[Advaita-l] Be Still - A message from Thāyumānavar

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 28 05:54:14 CDT 2016

Others can add more inputs.
praNAms
Hare Krishna

gurOstu mouna vyAkhyAnam comes to my mind and shankara’s quote from shruti (??) in which guru teaching the brahma through ‘silence’ but shishya did not understand it.  It  is fine.  But one question still remains, vedAntic method asks us to drag our mind from external anAtma vastu and contemplate on Atman who  is vedAnta vedya through sharvaNAdi sAdhana.  Whether this ‘be still’ also in that order only?? i.e. pulling the manas from external objects and contemplate on Atman through vedAntik method  or pulling the mind from outside and keep quiet.  If ‘keep quiet’ is not the result of vedAntic nidhidhyAsana, can tradition accept it an effective method to efface avidyA??  That is not clear to me, hence asking question.  Kindly note I don’t have any reservation / assumptions on this method as I don’t know anything about it.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar