[Advaita-l] What is the difference between Maya and avidhya ?T

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:18:31 CDT 2016

Namaste

I like the explanation but there will be more questions. If there are
Samashti Vaasanaas who will have them? If it is God it will not depend
on Jnani or Ajnani. God can make even Ajnani do His work. Why only
Jnani? Like Krishna made Bhima, Arjuna, Abhimanyu, Ghatotkacha and
others do His work. They were not Jnanis.

There will be exceptional Jnanis like Govindapada living in a cave and
not coming out. What will Samashti Vaasanaa do then? Jnanis living in
cave alone will not have Samashti and Vyashti Vaasanaas both. They
will not do any God's work and die as Jeevanmuktas. Nobody even will
know them.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh