[Advaita-l] What is the difference between Maya and avidhya ?T

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 10:34:40 CDT 2016

PraNAms
Just reading some mails on the topic.
Yes, jnaani sleeps as jnaani and ajnaani sleeps as ajnaani. The sleep is the absence of subject-object duality as anandamaya kosha is there for both.
Just one thought.

>From thermodynamics there is no 100% purity as in there is no 100% pure gold. It is always 99.999999...%.
Similarly jnaanan involve first paroxa jnaanam and for it to become aparoxa jnaanam purity of the mind is needed. It is not a discrete event since there is no 100% purity. Hence Swami Paramarthanandaji calls it as FIR reduction - F frequency of perturbation from the samatva dRishTi, I is the intensity of disturbance and R-recovery time from perturbation - FIR gets reduced as one abides in the knowledge of aham brahmaasmi.

Hence 100% jnaani is not there and therefore one can still say there is identification with BMI can be there which gets reduced.
My 2c
Hari Om!Sadananda