[Advaita-l] What is the difference between Maya and avidhya ?T

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 07:11:52 CDT 2016

Namaste,
"Yes, that would be the ideal case.  But as long as jnAni is embodied he
will be having avidyA lesha though he is Jeevan mukta only after videha
mukti he would attain atyantika Atmaikatva jnana. "

JnAni being embodied is only from an ajnAni's perspective. From jnAni's
perspective, he was not, is not, will not be embodied. This distinction of
jIvanmukti and videhamukti are all from vyAvahArika standpoint only. A
jnAni considers himself as nityamukta.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan