[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 04:59:07 CDT 2016

Sri Chandramouli Ji

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sri Ravi Kiran Ji,
>

> The highest goal in advaita sidhanta and the goal to be sought after by
> every sAdhaka is to be in the state of jivanmukti.

Yes.. the only clarification is with regards to the definition of
jivanmukti. Here, is where the advaitis have difference of viewpoints
(sadyomukti vs jivanmukti of JMV)

The practicality and necessity to have BrahmAkara vritti (at the
elimination of all other vRttis) during the entire waking hrs ?

> Yagnavalkya, the best of jnanis, desires to take to sanyAsa at the end of
> the debate in Janakasabha only for this purpose.
>

> In Taittariya Upanishad Brahmananda valli we have the ananda mimamsa which
> mentions श्रोत्रियस्य चाकामहतस्य । (shrotriyasya chAkAmahatasya |).
> श्रोत्रिय (shrotriya ) refers to a jnani and अकामहतः (akAmahataH) refers
> to one practicing VK and MN. At the highest level, the state corresponds to
> a jivanmukta. That is the state to be aimed for.
>

> Sri Bhagavatpada in his यतिपञ्चकम् (yatipa~nchakam) states
> कौपीनवन्तःखलुभाग्यवन्तः (kaupInavantaHkhalubhAgyavantaH) (The one with
> just a loin cloth is indeed a blessed one)  (we may perhaps add “under a
> banyan tree”)  while referring to a jivanmukta.
>

> Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Saraswati has composed a very beautiful work
> आत्मविद्याविलास (AtmavidyAvilAsa) consisting of just about 63 verses
> almost exclusively devoted to describe the state of a jivanmukta and
> extolling that state. It is really well worth reading. Just beautiful.
>

> In short the goal of every advaita sAdhaka should be to be a jivanmukta.

Yes, all of the above points is well accepted (from paramArthika stand).

Thanks