[Advaita-l] Vinayaka(s)

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:37:30 CDT 2016

Dears
My view about this topic is that this Vinayaka name only has created a confusion.Ganesa    of Sri Ganesa Pancharathnam has nothing to with the Vinayakas 4 /6 of manavagruhya sutra.Vinayaka means a chief for whom there is no chief to obey.One of the names of Sri Ganesa is Vinayaka.That is all.Sri Ganesa Pancha rathnam also contains this as namamitham Vinayakam.It is just an attributive name.InTamil we say karana peyar.
Sometimes these qualities indicative names are used as main names too to avoid repetition .
R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad