[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:24:13 CDT 2016

Sri Chandramouli Ji

>From the JMV text shared, it is noted and it is clear that the emphasis is
on jnAna nishTa, with recourse to ekatva jnAna attained through Sruti
shravanA, all the way, till the upAdhi drops..the means/methods discussed
paving way for providing conducive environment to be in jnAna sthithi
always, all the way.. the classification ( vyavahArika) also based on the
nischayAtmaka of the ekatva jnAna attained earlier ..

However, if one claims, based on pramAna and sva anubhava, that this ekatva
jnAna from Sruti is necessary but not sufficient for experiencing Brahman
(prajnA) and the need for secondary jnAna (Atma sAkshAtkAra or AtmAvagati
or Atma darshana) through nirvikalpaka samAdhi (NS) for destroying further
avidyA beeja remnants/residues ( not destroyed or sublated from the ekatva
jnAna attained from Sruti mahA vAkya, which is only an indirect knowledge
obtained from instruction manual), would be interested to hear more details
of such NS jnAna, one has attained in NS.

Thanks