[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:11:47 CDT 2016

Sri Chandramouli ji,

Moksha is only of one type. There is only one Jnana - Brahma-jnana. There
cannot be difference in methods of reaching the truth, but the truth itself
is one. It cannot be many.

mano nAsha and not mano laya is moksha. Jnani needs to stabilize himself in
Jnana. Sri Ramana Maharshi after experiencing himself as witness, realised
his true nature, but has to meditate for, I think, 19 years (or may be 9
years) to permanently abide in his own Self.

It is for this purpose that there is sAdhanA.

As per vedAnta, by negating non-Self from Self, one realises Brahman. But
to achieve moksha, one has to stay in this state permanently. We are not
used to his condition of being a witness and definitely not used to
non-dual state. It takes time to settle down as accept our true nature :)

As per yoga, mind is prepared in enter into non-dual state. When one moves
with the movement of prANa i.e. travels with prANa, mind gets tuned with
prANa. It is a kind of process. It is easy as compared to simply being a
witness and then merging into Brahman. Just being witness is not enough.
One has to find the source of thoughts, emotions and desires. Only then one
can bypass the plane of duality and merge in heart (the source of all -
Brahman)

KriyA involve mind. Hence they are easy. Mind needs anything to hold on to.
When one does kriya-s like activating kuNDalini, then mind will remained
involved in this kriyA. The problem in Yoga is that when one does this
process endlessly, then mind cannot stay detached from prANa or kuNDalini
and merge in silence. One gets stuck up in kriyA-s. Hence yoga has to be
properly done. The final goal - moksha or abiding in Brahman has to be kept
the prime goal and not mastering any kriyA. If one get habit of exploring
the inner universe, mind remains active and cannot be destroyed.

Hari OM

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna