[Advaita-l] Encounter between Madhvacharya and a Sringeri Pontiff

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:24:56 CDT 2016

Dears
If one wants proof for every thing to his/her personal satisfaction then it is not possible.Evidence Act can not cover the distant past.Sri Sankaracharya established four mutts is agreed to by almost all scholars or who could be construed as people in the know of things.And these four are also named as Kedharnath,Sringeri,Dwaraka and Puri.Kanchi mutt is also one along with these four making the mutts actually established by Sri Sankaracharya. May be among these five there may be difference of opinions as to which preceded which.
Now the question raised is how it is accepted that Sringeri Mutt was established by the Acharya.The person raising this issue says that before 14thCentury there is no mention of Sringeri Mutt in the available Historical records.Does it mean all the relevant records dating back to the time of Sri Acharya had been seen ?It is not possible.May be records were not preserved or got destroyed by passage of time.We have to go by what has been passed on to us by our forefathers only.What is wrong in that?Then about Mahabharatham it is said that it can not have taken place really and that there were many authors contributed to its making.What is the proof ?Who are the others in addition to sage Vyasa?Astrological experts have deduced from the internal evidence of the Mahabharatham that it should have been a real event and have also fixed its timings.
Finally truth of anything is to be found out by that person who seeks it.
R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad