[Advaita-l] Encounter between Madhvacharya and a Sringeri Pontiff

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:12:08 CDT 2016

Namaste

https://controversialhistory.blogspot.in/search/label/Sringeri

'The later successors in the Sringeri list can all be dated reasonably
accurately from the 8th century downwards. If one identifies the
Vikramaditya as a member of the Western Chalukya dynasty, which ruled
from Badami in Karnataka.'

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 9:24 AM, D Gayatri via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> I think the purpose of the original poster of the thread is to somehow show
> that Sringeri maTha existed in pre-vidyaranya times using Sumadhwa vijaya
> (SV). However, neither does the SV mention Sringeri anywhere, nor can the
> SV be considered to be a reliable account of history.
>

> On Friday, 2 September 2016, Sunil Bhattacharjya via Advaita-l <
>
>> Dear Subbuji,
>>
>> May be for historical reason the historians of the Sringeri math can come
>> out with the facts, but before that the Madhvie scholars would have to
>> say when  the so called debates took place. I read that there is confusion
>> among the dvaitins about the birth date and the

Regards

-Venkatesh