[Advaita-l] Definition of 'Sūtra, Bhāṣya, Vārtikam, Prakaraṇam...etc.'

Sundaram Venkatraman svenkat52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:21:22 CDT 2016

Dear Subrahmanyanji,

Eternally grateful to you for the translations. I am now now able to appreciate the beauty of original Sanskrit.

A question arises from the definition of Prakarana. If prakaranas deal with only some aspects of the subject of Advaita,  I am wondering how appropriate it is to call Panchadashi and Vivekachudsmani Prakarana Granthas. They seem to be dealing with the entire subject matter! Regards,

Venkat

Sent from my iPhone