[Advaita-l] Sa-gotra marriages

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:28:25 CDT 2016

Namaste Subbuji,

This is more of an add-on to your question than a reply though.

AFAIK, marriages are permitted within the main गोत्र only when the प्रवर
ऋषिs are different. Also in my understanding, students of the Rishi take
the gotra of the Rishi only when the original gotra is unknown. As you
said, the latter case cannot be identified.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:37 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <