[Advaita-l] Does praNava upAsanA leads to brahmaloka?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:02:32 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Sujal Ji,

I am referring back to my earlier statement  quote  << Apara Brahman is
attained through pranava upAsana while para Brahman is
attained through pranava jignAsa or vichAra. >> unquote on which you had
some reservations.

I was going through Sidhantaleshasamgraha of Sri Appayya Dikshita which is
a compilation of different views of advaitins on various issues concerning
advaita sidhanta. According to this there is one section of advaitins who
do consider that para Brahman can also be “attained” through upAsana alone
on Omkara. The book mentions that Swami Bharati Tirtha in his work
Panchadashi clearly advocates this view and has elaborated on the same in
the chapter Dhyanadeepa. (sidhantaleshasamgraha, Chapter III,  section 3.0,
book page 356, Adobe page 366). I thought I should bring it to your notice
in case you are not already aware of it. You may like to refer to the same.
I stand corrected as far as the factual position is concerned. However I
continue to hold on to my previously stated understanding. I have not
studied Panchadashi.

 Regards