[Advaita-l] Shruti prAmANya and jnAna

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:09:27 CDT 2016

Another explanation from the Advaitin is:

Just as samsāra is admitted 'anāditvena', prakṛti/māyā is admitted pravāha
nityatvena, etc. veda is also admitted 'auapuruṣeyatvena.'  Though all
these are āropita, yet, for the upapatti of vyavahāra all these are kalpita
 'anāditvena', pravāha nityatvena and 'apauruṣeyatvena.'.

Just as when in a dream one sees an old fort which a guide there says is
1000 years old, is quite valid in the dream, even though the dream fort is
kalpita 'purātanatvena', so too all the above concepts are admitted as they
are (..tvena) even though they are all kalpita, aropita.

vs

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <