[Advaita-l] Shatadushani and Shatabhushani

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 07:52:35 CST 2016

Dear Sri Sadanandaji,

Pranams,

I have read in Sri Raa Ganapathi's work (a Tamil journalist, who enjoyed the patronage of Sri Kanchi Shankaracharya, Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswathi that one Sri Anantha Krishna Sastriji wrote a book refuting all the arguments in the Shatha Dhooshani and had not decided on the title of the book. Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswathi Mahaswamiji directed him to get a Srimukham from Sri abhinava Vidya Theertha Mahaswamigal. Sri Sastrriji did as directed and came back to Sri  Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswathi Mahaswamiji  and asked him for his Sri Mukham. Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswathi Mahaswamiji  told him that Sri Abhinava Vidya Theertha Mahaswami was also a great  logician apart from being a great yogi and that Sri Mukham from him should be enough and that should be treated as his Sri Mukham also.

Further, regarding the book's title. there is a funny and interesting , story. The Sastri hailed from a place called "Noorani' in Tamil Nadu, which means 'hundred ornaments'. Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswathi Mahaswamiji  told him to keep this as the title of the book., instead of 'Shatha Dhooshani dhooshani or some thing like that.' So, the title of the book was kept as Shatha Bhooshani. But I  do not know whether the Kanchi Matham published that book or some other organization published it. Regards, Ramesh Ramanan.