[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:09:12 CDT 2016

<<But here only the उपपत्ति लिङ्ग (upapatti linga)  among the षड्लिङs
(SaDlinGa)  is used for the तात्पर्यनिर्णय (tAtparyanirNaya ) of the
Shruti.>>

There is no rule that all six lingas must be used in the interpretation of
every shruti vAkya. What arthavAda linga can be used in the bhAshya of aham
brahmAsmi, pray? Only what is relevant to interpret the meaning of that
particular shruti vAkya need be employed.

Secondly, shruti itself is used to justify eka jiva vAda in several places
in siddhAnta muktAvali.

Thirdly, it just happens to be a polemical work - for example, advaita
siddhi or khanDana khanDa khAdya are also all highly polemical texts. That
in itself doesn't expose those texts to the criticism that they are tarka
based, with no shruti backing.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On 25 May 2016 7:01 a.m., "V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l" <