[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sun May 22 10:40:00 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Chandramouli ji,
I am in agreement with Sri Anand ji's response to your email below.

adhyAropa is not needed if the mind doesn't seek answers for the world.
apavAda is sufficient in those cases.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

Namaste all.

The Sidhanta is that Realization is possible ONLY through mahAvAkya
upadEsha by the Guru. From what I can gather from the responses, we seem to
be concluding that such an upadEsha is not needed after all. Anyway each of
us have our own understandings. But frankly I am surprised at the
Ji as well before concluding.

Regards

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My understanding is that in the final teaching, there is nothing else
apart from aham - everything else is negated by neti neti.

> That being the case, if one has sufficient viveka to separate the drik
from the drishyA and sufficient vairAgya to dismiss the drishyA, there is
no need to first know a tat padArtha and then do a bhAga tyAga of that that
tat and aham to realise the aikya of the one chaitanya.

> Such a one can simply start off with neti neti, and end at the tvam /
aham lakshyArtha which is svatah siddhah.