[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon May 16 06:38:07 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Anand,
I don't know where the reference Sri Bhaskar uses to construct his argument
occurs - it would be helpful if he shares it with the group (i.e provide
the sentence and where exactly it occurs).

This is what I was able to find in SandhyAdhikaraNam (BS 3.2.4) -
पारमार्थिकस्तु
नायं सन्ध्याश्रयः सर्गः वियदादिसर्गवत् — इत्येतावत्प्रतिपाद्यते;
however, I don't think BhAshyakAra's intention was to say that the waking
world had pAramArthika sattA, for in the next line he immediately says this
so that people don't get the wrong idea: न च वियदादिसर्गस्याप्यात्यन्तिकं
सत्यत्वमस्ति ; प्रतिपादितं हि ‘तदनन्यत्वमारम्भणशब्दादिभ्यः’ (ब्र. सू.
२-१-१४) इत्यत्र समस्तस्य प्रपञ्चस्य मायामात्रत्वम् |

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <