[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:18:00 CDT 2016

Namaste Swamiji,

I was basing the statement on-

1) Madhusudana Sarasvati' comment in Siddhanta Bindu:

"mukhyo vedAnta siddhAnta ekajIvavAdAkhya: | imameva
drishTisrishTivAdamAchakshate"

2) VAsudeva Brahmendra Sarasvati's comment to the Sanskrit anuvAda of
VichAra SAgara:

"asmin drishti srishti vAde....svAvidyaya jIvabhAvamApannasya brahmaNa
ekatvAdeka eva jIvo$Ngikriyate"

Your comments on VAchaspati Mishra's view of jIvAshrita avidyA leading to
drishti srishti, are very interesting. I hadn't considered that - maybe the
usage of "does imply" in the sentence you are referring to needs to be
revised.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan