[Advaita-l] Best way to celebrate Sankara Jayanti

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:20:25 CDT 2016

 Namaste

Whenever people say Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara there Maheshwara is
Siva. In the Siva Purana there is a story of a Fire Pillar and Brahma
and Vishnu wanted to find the end of that pillar. But they both could
not find out. Brahma falsely said he saw it but Vishnu told the truth.
Siva coming out of that Fire Pillar cursed Brahma nobody should
worship him. But he gave boon to Vishnu he will receive worship.

Another story is from Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Hindi serial. In that
serial this story is told. Once Lakshmi's 2 or 3 sisters worshiped
Vishnu very much. Then He appeared before them and said Ask any boon.
They said become our husband and live with us. Vishnu said yes and
became a husband for them and lived with them. After sometime due to
Maayaa influence He forgot His nature of Lord of Vaikuntha. Lakshmi
staying in Vaikuntha alone was full of sorrow because Vishnu forgot
Her. Then She approached Siva in Kailasa. He comforted Her and said I
will bring back Vishnu to Vaikuntha. Siva went to Vishnu's place and
challenged Him for battle. Vishnu became angry and started battle with
Siva. They both fought for a long time but there was no winner because
they both were part of Trimurtis. In the end Siva made Vishnu realize
He was Lord of Vaikuntha. After self realization Vishnu prayed to Siva
and returned to Lakshmi in Vaikuntha.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh