[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:16:57 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Venkatraghavan

Pl see below clarification:

>> That which is perceivable cannot not exist.

> I think they are well aware of vyavahAra sattA.

is it that the vyavahAra sattA is the only reality they are aware, as they
are not introduced to paramArthika sattA

Their contention is precisely because Shankara makes a distinction between
> vyAvahArika sattA of the waking state and prAtibhAsika sattA of the dream
> state,
> he rejects drishTi-srishTi,

 Could not relate to this in BS 2.2.28 bhAshya nor from the perspective
shared by you in the paper below ..

This point is based on any other reference ?

>  which holds that there is no distinction between vyAvahArika and
> prAtibhAsika from the standpoint of Ultimate Reality.
>
> In quoting Shankara though, what is missed is that when he appears to make
> a distinction from the two, he does so from vyavahAra drishti, not
> paramArtha.

Right, if paramArtham is accepted, there is no room to refute DSV or SDV ..

> That he holds the two to be of the same level of reality becomes apparent
> when we read kArika bhAshyam.

Ok

Thanks

> Regards,
> Venkatraghavan
> On 5 May 2016 3:59 a.m., "Ravi Kiran" <ravikiranm108 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > Presumably, the train of logic is as follows: , the natural inclination
>> is....
>>
>> It seems that those following such logic are ignorant of the paramArthika
>> satta vs vyavahArika satta discussed in prasthAna traya by bhAshyakAra ..
>>

>> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was asked about the apparent refutation of DrishTi-SrishTi vAda in
>>> ShankarAchArya's prasthAna traya bhAshya. Please find below a link to a
>>> paper that discusses this.
>>>

>>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/4q9e6s9a99k9rye/Shankaracharya_and_Drishti_Srishti_Vada_4-May-2016.pdf
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Venkatraghavan