[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:53:28 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Ravi Kiran,

I think they are well aware of vyavahAra sattA. Their contention is
precisely because Shankara makes a distinction between vyAvahArika sattA of
the waking state and prAtibhAsika sattA of the dream state, he rejects
drishTi-srishTi, which holds that there is no distinction between
vyAvahArika and prAtibhAsika from the standpoint of Ultimate Reality.

In quoting Shankara though, what is missed is that when he appears to make
a distinction from the two, he does so from vyavahAra drishti, not
paramArtha. That he holds the two to be of the same level of reality
becomes apparent when we read kArika bhAshyam.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan