[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 30 03:54:57 CDT 2016

<< brahman is the ONLY abhinna nimittOpadAna kAraNa for this kAryAkAra jagat. >>.

 Is Brahman abhinna nimitta ( vivarta)  upadAna kAraNa or abhinna nimitta ( parinama )  upadAna kAraNa for  this kAryAkAra jagat. Or is the question invalid/irrelevant ??
 praNAms Sri ChandramouLi prabhuji
Hare Krishna
When it was said in shAstra that brahman is the both upAdAna and nimitta kAraNa it is not like milk has become curd nor it is like father has become father to his somany sons ☺  it is in the sense that before creation what is there in the kAraNa as kAraNa in the avyAkruta rUpa has become vyAkruta after creation which again goes back to kAraNa remains as kAraNa after the praLaya.  It is in this sense only shankara asserts : yathA cha kAraNam brahma trishukAleshu sattvaM na vyabhicharati evaM ‘kAryamapi’ jagat trishukAleshu sattvaM na vyabhicharati.  Now, from this we have to decide whether it is brahma vivarta vAda or  brahma parINAma vAda or  mAya satkAryavAda or ajAti vAda.  IMHO, nomenclature hardly matters when we are dealing with the very essence of this creation procedure.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar