[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:50:48 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Srinath,

<<This is acceptable only if said mithyAthvam is due any other reason other
than avidya (of a ajnAni).>>

Please explain what your understanding of avidyA is, so that I can
understand what you mean by the above comment.

<<So, the question is still valid in terms of how can the validity of
pramANa be supported when itself is under the spell of avidya.>>

Same as above. If the concept of avidyA is correctly understood, this
question will not arise. Anyway this discussion is moot because shruti
states "yatra vedA avedAh", so there is no room for discussion as far as we
are concerned. If you choose to interpret that shruti vAkya differently,
that is your prerogative, but please don't ask me to justify our position
based on your interpretation.

Regards,

Venkatraghavan