[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Mar 21 23:12:15 CDT 2016

Ok, what is the relevance of such a nAma rUpa jagat in paramArtha satyam (svata-siddha, sva-prakAsa vastu), Brahman?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

According to paramArtha satyam the socalled nAma rUpa (ornaments) are no more nAma rUpa (though you are seeing the nAma rUpa) it is ‘gold’ only (bramaiva).  Just because we are seeing nAma rUpa (ornaments / kArya) we cannot say there is no ‘gold’ (kAraNa / brahman) in it.  Mrutpinda, mrudghata etc. are ultimately mrittike only nothing else.  There exists nothing Atmavyatirikta for the jnAni.  In short shruti declares : idaM brahmedaM kshatramime lOkA eme vedA emAni bhUtAneedaM ‘sarvaM’ yadayamAtma.  For the jnAni jagat is NOT mithya, it is satya only in paramAtma rUpa. This is what shruti declaring here.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar