[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:51:00 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri.Venkataraghavan,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste Sri Srinath,
> I can see where you are going with this :) this very question was
> considered quite extensively in a discussion in early 2014, one in which
> you participated (significantly), too.
>
> Don't worry, I'm not stalking you, I was going through the archives to
> understand where you were coming from.
>
> Anyway your question
> <<how does one suppose to understand truthness of a pramANa when such
> pramANa itself is operating "as long as" one does not correctly understand
> aikya>> is invalid.

My question is primarily based on Acharya's reply to pUrvapaxin as stated
by you in your earlier reply.

It appears that there is tempral aspect to pramANyatvam of any pramANa-s in
a way that "as long as" one is in vyavahAra, pramAna-s are not untrue
(meaning true).

I agree with your latest reply it seems you are saying pramaNA-s doesn't
need the support of any other pramANA to establish its pramANatvam. But, it
is clear from your response what happens to pramANatvam when one consider
the fact that all pramANa-s are true "as long as" one is under vyavahAra,
which by definition a avidyAtmaka avastha. Hence my question about truth
nested under untruth avstha.

/sv