[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:12:32 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Srinath,
I can see where you are going with this :) this very question was
considered quite extensively in a discussion in early 2014, one in which
you participated (significantly), too.

Don't worry, I'm not stalking you, I was going through the archives to
understand where you were coming from.

Anyway your question
<<how does one suppose to understand truthness of a pramANa when such
pramANa itself is operating "as long as" one does not correctly understand
aikya>> is invalid.

A pramANA doesn't need the support of any other pramANA to establish its
pramANatvam. Especially an upajIvya pramANA like shruti.

One doesn't need anything to understand truthness of shruti pramANA -  One
either accepts shruti or not.

So when shruti says "yatra vedA avedAh", one accepts it - if one believes
in shruti.

Of course if one is shruti viruddha, one can choose to believe whatever
takes their fancy.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan