[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 03:48:19 CDT 2016

Namaste Bhaskarji and others,

I'm sorry, but the entire mixup seems to be very nicely built over loose
usage of adhiShThAna and svarUpa as can be seen below...

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> Ø    Nobody saying nAma & rUpa is one with gold but what we are saying is
> nAma rUpa (ornaments) donot exist apart from its kAraNa (gold).
>
> This is markedly different from your earlier statement

"the socalled nAma rUpa is nothing but gold only i.e. satyameva."
//Unquote

Once again, nAmarUpa *having* brahman as its adhiShThAna or kAraNa and
nAmarUpa *being* brahman are two different things. You seem to treat them
as same! The former applies to jagat and the latter to jIva. Using both
interchangeably makes everything pAramArthika, there is no need for a
technical vyAvArika perspective at all. The thinking then is, anyway,
everything is brahman. :)

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */