[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 11:17:15 CDT 2016

Pranams to all,

Just as it is ardha slokah it is also ardha truth.
Like jagat mithya the other truth is in swaroopa the same is satyam.
i.e. यथा ब्रह्म सत्यं जगन्मिथ्या तथा ब्रह्म सत्यं जगत्सत्यमं।
Just as the various appearance of the same water as wave etc is nothing but
in swaroopa water only same way the Jeeva Jagat and Iswara are in Brahman.
It never undergoes the changes. So while the appearances are called Mithya
it cannot exist with out a Sathya in which it can appear. Since there is
the need for the Sathya AdhAram for anything to appear it is also Sathyam
but what appears is nothing but VikAkonamadheyam.
These are well explained in both Bhashya and VArthika of Br.Up 1.4.10 and
later in the 4th chapter of the same Upanishad.

Aurobind Padiyath
On 19 Mar 2016 18:41, "Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l" <