[Advaita-l] Topic for Discussion: What is Nirvikalpaka Samaadhi?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 23:13:01 CST 2016

Namaste Sadaji,

Having created whatever is there in the universe  the Lord entered into that as Jeeva. Essentially he is the consciousness. But as Jeeva he is the rider in the Chariot. The Jeeva is sentient and the chariot is insentient, but as long as the Jeeva rides  the chariot the Jeeva thinks he is inseparable from the chariot. That is why one can think of Jeeva with the Chariot also, but not by those who want to split hair. Through shastra and Guru he gets the knowledge of  the truth and through Manana and Dhyana he imbibes that and becomes Jeevanmukta and finally he leaves the Chariot (the Koshas) and becomes Videhamukta and free. This I think is the entire Advaitic journey in a nutshell.

Regards,
Sunil