[Advaita-l] Did Vyaasa mean Athaato Vishnu Jijnaasaa or Shiva Jijnaasaa?

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:37:51 CDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> Sri Bhaskar ji,
>
> By deva, if svayam prakAsha chit is meant (dIvyate svayam prakAshe iti
> deva:), then it would be nirupAdhika brahman indeed.

So, what is the final verdict on that Sv.Up mantra? I hear two argument
here. Who is this 'dEva' being talked about --  nirupAdhika brahman or
Ishwara?

If it is former, then all guNa-s will be self same nature of that 'dEva'
(even as per you).

If it is later, then providing that shruti vAkya as an evidence to prove
nirguNatvaM of Brahman is futile as you did here
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2016-July/041730.html

/sv