[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

Rajesh Benjwal rbenjwal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:17:22 CST 2016

Namaste,

I got some convincing answers here and I got some from outside the forum
also, I would like to share two which may be helpful.

1- The locus of avidhyA is not mind. avidhyA is not mere absence of
knowledge but it is a positive entity. It is accepted as kAraNa sariram. So
at them level of kAraNa sariram there is no mind but still there is avidhyA
so mind cannot be locus of avidhyA.So once it is removed, it is gone and
now change in mental condition will not affect it.

AvaraNa completely get destroyed vikshepa shakti continue for sometime
which we accepted as prArabdha. Because AvaraNa is destroyed the prArabdha
is understood as mithyA. This mithyA prArabdha which is there because of
still active vikshepa shakti. This is known as avidhyA lesa vAda.

Second answer is as per dristi sristi vAda.

2- After jnAnam there is no vahyavhArika jEva which will continue and which
could be ajnAni again. Therefore there is no jEvanmukti this only an
arthavAda. With jnAnam prArabdha also get destroyed completely. This is
only to answer ajnAni that how the body is still surviving it is accepted
that prArabdha remains. So there is no chance of avidhyA coming back.

Thanks fro all the replies.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <