[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

Rajesh Benjwal rbenjwal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 00:42:01 CST 2016

Namaste,

Few points from the discussion.

@ Durga Prasad Janaswamyji

1- This is certain that vidyA removes avaraNa only as vikshepa keep
going."VedAnta paribhasa" also says that and it is also yuktisammata.
prArabdha is considered as pratibandhaka in removal of vikshepa. So in that
case it is better to say that avidhyA is not totally out OR why we say that
only "lesh matra" avidhyA is there? avidhyA has two saktis one is avaraNa
and one is vikshepa, so only by removal on one how can we say that only
"lesh matra" remains.

<<<<< It is odd if one says that I know my true swarUpa now but I may
forget my
true swarUpa sometime in future.
​ >>>>>>

It is not odd but very much possible. There are few cases where after
brain injury a male start thinking ​he is SHE and SHE is trapped in a male
body.

@Kuntimaddi Sadanandaji​

OK

@Aurobind Padiyathji
<<<<<<<<<<<This question doesn't have validity in the state of Janani
"Janathe dvaitam na vidhyate ". Your Austin can come up only when there is
Ajnana.
Janana and Ajanana or Vidya and Avidya are like light and darkness. Even
though opposing in nature, once light illumine darkness vanishes (often
explained as destroyed which is not correct as a thing has to be a vastu to
be destroyed but darkness is not a vastu but absence of light) That
darkness is both existing and non - existing. Existing because it gives
rise to misapprehension and nonexistent as the vastu it cannot be
described. This light of knowledge once dawns, all misapprehensions that
the absence of right knowledge created cannot come back. >>>>>>>>>>

I would like to give two examples.

1- I used to not know rama shabda rupa, then I studied it and I remove the
ignorance of Rama Shanda rupa but nowdays again I forgot Rama shnda rupa
and I do not know it.

2- There are few cases where after brain injury a male start thinking ​he
is SHE and SHE is trapped in a male body.

So the question is not invalid as far as I think as there is fair
possibility. Our brain is myterious.

@H S Chandramouliji
<<<<he deha abhimAnam is likened to a fried seed which will not sprout
again even if watered and tended generously with fertilizers etc.What I
meant is all these can be studied in peace in a relaxed manner with the
assurance I have pointed out.

This statement, I think, is not valid in case of brain injury as it can
change the whole nistha, a man can start thinking I am a women. If he/she
has lost his/her memory then the first question he/she will ask will be
"Who am I?"

@Praveenji
works well. Having known that the water is nothing but its adhiShThAna
desert sand, one doesn't stop seeing it as water, because the refraction
superimposing water on the desert sand continues. Yet, one doesn't take it
to be real water.>>>>>>>>

Correct. This is certain that vidyA removes avaraNa only as vikshepa keep
going."VedAnta paribhasa" also says that and it is also yuktisammata.
prArabdha is considered as pratibandhaka in removal of vikshepa. So in that
case it is better to say that avidhyA is not totally out OR why we say that
only "lesh matra" avidhyA is there?

@ Durga Prasad Janaswamyji

For a j~nAni , jagat is badhitA / mithyA. Jagat includes this body mind
complex. One casualty in jnAnam is body mind complex.   Body mind complex
become badhitA , mithyAtva nischaya.
Who has interest in mirage-water? None.
Who has interest in mithyA vastu? None.
​>>>>

Right, but suppose, it is just a hypothetical question, brain injury happen
and he/she lost all it is memory and when get up ask "Who am I?" Then
................... from here starts the question.

*Some points I would like to add-*

It is a fair possibility that a person who has the jnAnam get his brain
injured and ask "Who am I" when he gets up. If someone think this is not
possible then I think discussion end here. If some one think it is possible
but it will not halt the jnAni videhamukti then there is possibility of
discussion. And this is actually what I want to know, why?

Of-course a jnAni is not body, this is his firm conclusion, but
brain injury can alter this conclusion.

People can forget their gender also and start thinking they are
of opposite sex, People feel pain in a hand which is not there at all, this
is known as phantom hand,
 brain behaves in very mysterious ways
​.​

Thanks

​

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <