[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:07:56 CST 2016

Namaste Chandramouliji,

<< Only for vikShepa itself to be taken as real, AvaraNa is necessary.>>,

> Would it not be more appropriate to state that what was निरुपाधिक भ्रान्ति
> (nirupAdhika bhrAnti ) prior to Jnana becomes सोपाधिक भ्रान्ति (sopAdhika
> bhrAnti ) after attainment of Jnana ?? The corresponding illustration would
> be that of moonlight and the moon itself.  भ्रान्ति (bhrAnti ) continues
> as long as the उपाधि (upAdhi)  lasts, but its reality does not.

I don't know if its more appropriate but it looks like another appropriate
way of looking at it. One common example given to understand that the
removal of AvaraNa doesn't remove the vikShepa, is that even if we know
that the sun doesn't really rise or set, it doesn't stop our seeing the
as-though sunrise and sunset.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */