[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

Durga Prasad Janaswamy janaswami at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:57:38 CST 2016

Hari Om
Namaste.

1.
"To account for prArabda karma lesha mAtra avidya need to be accepted in
case of a j~nAni."

Here the lesha mAtra avidya (ignorance) is not of the swarUpa of the Atma.
The lesha mAtra avidya is in the form of samskaras at a minimum level.

2.
'forgetting his true nature again'

The recognition is my own true swarUpa, my own Atma swarUpa.
I know that I exist. I never get the thought that I do not exist. I never
get a doubt that in future I may get a thought that I do not exit.  The
recognition is not of some other-thing's swarUpa, not some other-person's
 swarUpa.

It is odd if one says that I know my true swarUpa now but I may forget my
true swarUpa sometime in future.

4.
"is it possible that after some brain-injury his wrong
conclusion, I am body, based on avidhyA could come back."

Let us take few cases of brain-injury:
Case 1: brain - injury leading to paralysis of a leg. Now a j~nAni watches
that one leg is paralyzed. And the j~nAni continues to be in his true
swarUpa.

Case 2:  brain - injury leading to complete loss of brain function. Some
one has to take j~nAni's day-to-day requirements like feeding, bathing etc
because he is ignorant. of his requirements. In this case, he hardly
recognizes his body.

Case 3: brain - injury leading to abnormal behavior. He behaves reflexively
like an animal does. Is an animal bound by its avidya?  No.

Regards

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Rajesh Benjwal via Advaita-l <