[Advaita-l] Fwd: "time" as defined in Vedanta pariBAsha.

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:18:16 CST 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:38 PM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ via Advaita-l <

> Temporal separation involves the operation of memory. If the memory of
> an earlier event is not there, there  is no question of designating of
> present event as a latter one and no question of the concept of their
> separation.

'
The Truth Beyond Space and Time – A benedictory discourse delivered by
Sringeri Acharya

See the entire address here:

https://vairaagya.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/the-truth-beyond-space-and-time-a-benedictory-discourse-delivered-by-sringeri-acharya/

An excerpt from the above address:

//Time, space and objects are all conjectured by the mind (*manaḥ kalpitam*).
After all, but for our defining temporal terms, such as day with reference
to the apparent movement of the sun in the sky, time would not be
discernible as it is now. Similarly, but for our defining directions, as
for instance, north with respect to the pole star, spatial direction would
lose its value. As far as the objects of the universe are concerned, the
answer to the question, “Are they limited by time?”, is, “Yes”; everything
is limited by time. For instance, we make statements, such as, “We were
born on this day. One day or the other, we will die. At present we exist”.//

Om Tat Sat

regards,