[Advaita-l] Fw: Why did Krishna said that he was unable to repeat Gita?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Dec 12 22:08:49 CST 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

By the time BhagavAn took his Krishna avatar the pUrva mImAmsa had corrupted leaving very little scope for Vedānta to even breathe!

>  I am not able to understand this.  Would you please elaborate it.  KrishNAvatAra in dvApara, pUrva-uttara meemAmsa divisions etc. is in Kaliyuga..or am I missing something here?? Pls. clarify.

Hence had to denounce it badly. Also 'jnAnam' being a matter of mind and intelligence; external, physical renunciation, sannyasa was less important.

>  Shankara repeatedly insists formal saNyAsa (not mere karmaphala saNyAsa but Ashrama saNyAsa) for the jnAnArjana.  But also says jnana is not adheena to saNyAsAshrama.

Also BhagavAn had an ulterior motive - to keep Arjun in his present Ashrama to fight the war, destroy 'adharmIs' and reestablish 'DHARMA'. Hence HE promoted 'inner renunciation'!

>  Yes, I agree, ashOcyAnanvashOchatvaM,  kamaNyevAdhikAraste mA phaleshu kadAchana...are the best suited advice for the arjuna on the battle field.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar