[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference? - Part 4

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 02:15:38 CST 2016

Namaste Sri Bhaskarji,

No worries at all - I'm not offended in any way. I was merely making a
factual point that the inner workings of any mind are known only to the
witness of that mind. Any specific comment made about anyone else's mind
would not be based on directly perceived facts and hence speculative.

Even if what you said about this mind is is factually true, I am not
offended. The faults of the mind are kshetra dharma, to be corrected over
time with perseverance.

Coming to your question, whatever doubts I have about siddhAnta are
resolved through enquiry aided by guru and shAstra. So no, I do not have
doubts about avidyA and mAya being same because I have gone through that
enquiry and satisfied myself. If new information emerges, I am happy to
revisit the analysis, and change my conviction if necessary. I am more
interested in what is right than being right.

By the way, this is not relevant to shAstra (its more about personal
sAdhana) so if you would like to continue the conversation on these lines,
please mail me privately and I would be happy to respond where relevant.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan