[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:50:37 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:43 PM, D Gayatri via Advaita-l <

> I dont know you who you are but I did not see you objecting when
> others were posting that

Not many people in this forum know who you are and where you come from and
what you have claimed as what you are in other forums.

> (i) Shiva is alone fit to be worshipped by vaidikas
>
> or that
>
> (ii) Vishnu lives under Shiva's grace
>
> or that
>
> (iii) Krishna begged Shiva to forgive him (for God knows what)
>
> or that
>
> (iv) Vishnu pulled out one of his eyes and offered it to Shiva (you
> can see all the posts in this forum).
>
> After posting all this, these posters pay lip service sometimes and
> say - oh and by the way Shiva and Vishnu are equal!

The above posts were made with the sole intention of exposing the bigotry
in the propaganda of vaishnavas who want to show Shankara as a vaishnava
and accepted only Vishnu as the supreme.

> I suddenly don't understand what is the problem when Vishnu is praised
> and Shiva is shown as brahma's child when Sri Adi Shankara himself
> authenticates this.

Adi Shankara has never authenticated this. He has authenticated Rudra as
Brahman in the Prashnopanishat.