[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:20:30 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 6:14 PM, D Gayatri <dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Shankara's work is not confined to BSB. You are merely superimposing your
> > personal views on Shankara by alleging what he has not said at all.
>
> I am not superimposing anything. I am just quoting the bhAshyas as
> they are. The implications are natural.

Only because the implications are artificially imposed does the problem
arise. A student of vedanta reading the bhashya will not lose anything if
that information is not provided. That is why Shankara does not care to
give that. For Shankara the MB is important only because Vyasa is the
author and not because of anything else.

> > In that Br.up 1.4.11 Shankara implies that he is a created entity.
>

> This argument, Shankara himself discredits.

The argument that the that mantra is about the creation of Rudra is
discredited by several shrutis including the Prashna, Shvetashvara,
Kaivalya, Jabala, Atharva shira, etc.