[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:58:02 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Sastry,

In addition to Sri Sadananda ji's reply, here are my 2 cents.

Acharya has answered this very question in AdhyAsa BhAshya:

न चायमस्ति नियमः — पुरोऽवस्थित एव विषये विषयान्तरमध्यसितव्यमिति ;
अप्रत्यक्षेऽपि ह्याकाशे बालाः तलमलिनतादि अध्यस्यन्ति |

There is no rule that one can superimpose things on only that vastu which
is pratyaksha - for even on an apratyaksha AkAsha, children superimpose
dirt (colour) / surface (concavity) etc.

2) The same example can be used to answer the requirement for similarity.
What similarity exists between concavity (ie form) and a formless AkAsha,
between colour and colourless AkAsha? None, but adhyAsa still happens.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
On 27 Apr 2016 4:26 p.m., "kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l" <

PraNAms - answered below.