[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 27 03:55:05 CDT 2016

If it is relevant only for a mumukshu who has to develop the vairagya, then what is the purpose of the discussions which ascribe this world-view onto a jnaani and then refuting it ?
Is it not out of context?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Sorry, not able to understand your query.  Anyway, it is like this, jagat, as said many times in this discussion, is pratyaksha gOchara or pratyaksha pramANita, since the declaration is about jagan mithyA we have to evaluate this statement from all the possible angles and know why jeeva is brahman but jagat is mithyA when both are operative on the same platform of brahman/reality.  It is in this context like jeeva ultimately jagat too in its svarUpa brahman only.  And, now,  who can really see/realize the jagat svarUpa, it is obviously the jnAni through shAstrOpadesha.  So, shAstra talks about the jagat svarUpa from the jnAni's view point and bhAshya kAra elaborates it from the kArya-kAraNa prakriya and with abhinna nimittOpadAna kAraNatvaM of this jagat.  For the ajnAni jagat is parichinna, keeping this view point shAstra says this parichinna jagat of jeeva is avidyAkalpita, dOsha pUrita, vAchAraMbhaNam and the same jagat after realization for the jnAni paripUrNa, sarvaM in its causal form.  What has been refuted as avidyAkalpita is jeeva parikalpita wrong notions about this jagat i.e. asarvaM, abrahmaM etc. The context here is why jagat is mithyA when  the jagat has the brahman as its efficient and material cause.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar