[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:06:56 CDT 2016

Namaste

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> But you must agree that One thing will not have Parts and Bheda.
>
>> bheda buddhi is avidyA kalpita which will go after the dawn of jnana whereas for the bhedAkAra (kArya) kAraNa is the upAdAna and nimitta.  Hence shankara says : kAryamAkAshAdikaM bahu prapanchaM jagat, kAraNaM paraM brahma, tasmAt kAraNAt paramArthatO ananyatvaM, vyatirekeNa abhAvaH kAryasya.  A loukika would have the parichinna drushti in ornaments whereas for the jnAni what is there is only gold though there exists gold in kAryAkAra.  For his kAryAkAra gold NOT mithyA, it is satyameva in its causal form.
>
> Because that is not Advaita. It is One Homogeneous quantity. Call it Brahman or what you want.
>
>>  Of course you know all these discussions carried out just to drive home the point which I have quoted in my previous mail  : ananyatvepi kAryakAraNayOH kAryasya kAraNAtmatvaM NA TU KAARANASYA KAARYAATMATVAM.  The ornament in its nAma & rUpa gold only but in gold there is no vyavahAra / vikAra of nAma rUpa.

Will Jnani see ornaments and gold both or gold only? If he sees both
there will be Dvaita because there is ornament with Nama Rupa and
gold. He must see gold only. Similarly for Jnani there is only
Brahman. He cannot see Nama Rupa Jagat. It is like the snake rope
example. When you have Ajnana you will see Snake but when that Ajnana
disappears you will see Rope only. You cannot see the snake. That
snake was Mithya.

Problem with your logic is you are not understanding Brahman is cause
for Jagat but it is Vivarta Cause. Therefore when Kaarana is known
there will be no Kaarya. When rope is known there is no snake. If
snake is still there you have not understood rope.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh