[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 06:38:37 CDT 2016

Namaste Bhaskar ji,

First off all, I would like to sincerely apologise to you for any offence
my mails have caused. While you and I may disagree on this topic, it was
certainly not my intent to insult you, your knowledge of advaita and your
erudition in the matter of BhAshya. Before I was involved in a vocal manner
in the list, I have long been an admirer of your ready knowledge of
advaita, and specifically BhAshya.

By no means do I claim to have "correct knowledge" of AchArya's BhAshya. I
am very much a student of advaita. Let me admit here - I have little
knowledge to show anyone.

However, it is my sincere belief that your interpretation of BhAshya is
different from what I have been taught by my Guruji, and different from my
understanding of the traditional sampradAya of advaita AchAryas. I also
think that one needs to consider BhAshya vAkyas not in isolation, but
holistically, with a samanvaya of the entire text in particular, and
including other prasthAna traya bhAshya, and other prakaraNa granthas
generally.

Be that as it may, it appears that we should agree to disagree and leave it
at that.

Btw - the reason I didn't directly address you  in my last email was
because of your concern that you were attacked personally from various
others - I didn't want to be another one of those emails. However, that
appears to have caused problems of its own. In any case, to clarify, the
only correspondence that we have had is through this forum - apart from the
one email where I replied to you personally when you had some technical
issues reading sanskrit font.

I think I need to be more circumspect in my emails to this list. Once
again, apologies.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan S

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <