[Advaita-l] Sringeri Panchanga

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:36:06 CDT 2016

Reg  << The problem with the siddhantic panchangas is not as you point out
in observations but the theoretical underpinnings.  This is why I prefer
drksiddha myself. >>,

Same persons use different panchangas for different purposes. We in
karnataka generally use Sidhanta Panchanga for determining auspicious
muhurthams for different occasions. But we use the Drikganitha Panchanga
for predictive astrology. Reason being the concerned texts for predictive
astrology prescribe so. In Tamil Nadu vAkya Panchanga is used for both
purposes.

Regards